why the Friend Zone should be the Unfriend Zone
or The Friend Zone Is Toxic
Does it make you uncomfortable when someone does something to you that you don’t want?
You only want to be friends if there’s no flirting involved. I only want to be friends if there’s lots of flirting involved.
It might sound mean, but I have personal reasons.
I’m attracted to you. I think you’re crazy hot.
This means one of two things.
- One, maybe you’re not attracted to me. Me being attracted to you and you not being attracted to me will create an imbalance of power in the friendship between us. Friendships based on power imbalances are toxic.
- Two, you ARE attracted to me. If you ARE attracted to me, then that also means one of two things.
- Either you’re hiding from me how you feel.
- Or you’re also lying to yourself.
- Friendships based on dishonesty or lack of self-awareness are toxic.
I’m sorry, but I can’t have toxic friendships in my life right now